Go to a yoga or a Zumba class, for a run or a Girls Night Out. Find an event and connect with other women. Find a friend.
- ObstacleRun Training:The mission is to get as many people as possible in motion, to introduce them to a healthier lifestyle and food and to support them in both mental and physical areas. Training outside for Ladies only: Every Wednesday from 9:30am – 11:00am at our training location at the Rijkerswoerdse plassen between Arnhem and Elst.
- Mom in balance offers outdoor workouts for pregnant women, postpartum recovery workouts and total body workouts for all women who want to be fit and in shape. the workouts will not only help you to become stronger and improve your physical fitness, but Mom in balance also gives you energy and a positive mindset. This is exactly what you need in the first years of motherhood!
- Group gym classes (Groepsles)
Groepsles Schuytgraaf is a great work out for you if you do not like classic gyms. You train with groups and a personal trainer Patricia. If you have a child you can also try Buggy fit which is a great way to work out and be able to watch your kid at the same time. In the evenings are group sessions in the gym in the international school. You can eaily combin your work schedule with the work out times!
- ZUMBA – get your dance on and burn some calories! Always a good combination. Here are a few of the bigger gyms that offer Zumba classes:
- GYM – here are some of the bigger gyms:
- SALSA – Dancing is always a good choice:
- Sanadome in Nijmegen is a lovely SPA centre and is popular among expat women as every day is a SWIMSUIT DAY there. Yes, that is a thing. Going to a SPA it is always wise to check if it is a nude or a swimsuit day!
- Sauna & Beauty in Velp is situated in a town house that acts as a Tardis – it is much bigger on the inside and full of surprises. Situated 1 minute from Velp train station it is very accessible and has a delicious menu to accompany your beauty and relaxing treats.
Petra’s Taaltrainingen specializes in one-to-one classes and offers Dutch, English, German and Dutch for foreign speakers (NT2) language courses for both companies and private persons.
These courses are given at Petra’s Taaltrainingen (near the central station) in Arnhem.
3 IN 1
Irina Verwer is a yoga teacher, holistic coach, vegan chef and writer of two yogic cookbooks. She leads workshops, retreats and coaching sessions in the most inspiring yoga studios throughout the Netherlands. She has also taught yoga on a mountain in Italy, in a forest in France and while traveling through Morocco. Most of her retreats are taught in English. She offers her coaching sessions in English as well. Besides teaching ‘in real life’, Irina teaches online classes at EkhartYoga and writes for several yoga magazines, such as the Dutch and French Yoga Magazine, plus various yoga, health and food websites. She has written two yogic cookbooks – both created out of love for both yoga and delicious food. The first book is called ‘Kopstand in de Keuken’ (only available in Dutch) and the second one is ‘With a Pinch of Yoga’ (available both in Dutch and English). Even though Irina’s website is in Dutch, she’s fluent in English, so you can contact her for more information. Her website: www.irinaverwer.com